Location: Grand Haven, MI
Lakeshore Environmental, Inc. (LEI) is actively seeking a motivated entry level AutoCAD / GIS technician for immediate employment in our Grand Haven, Michigan office.
Civil or site drafting experience is preferred.
- Manage the setup and preparation of project drawings;
- Revise existing CAD files;
- Develop working drawings from preliminary sketches, diagrams, or schematics;
- Follow established CAD procedures; perform QA/QC on drawing files for accuracy and neatness;
- Interact via email and telephone with Project Managers, Engineers, and Scientists to ensure accurate drawings are completed on schedule;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Verifiable AutoCAD experience – e.g. academic or professional references; work samples;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2014 or later;
- Ability to manipulate data in model space/paper space environment;
- Mathematic ability to calculate areas, volumes, and perform unit conversions.
- Two years of AutoCAD or Arc GIS experience;
- Ability to manipulate GIS data in an AutoCAD model space/paper space environment;
- ArcGIS experience.
- GPS surveying and data processing in AutoCAD Civil3D;
- Experience with site development, environmental or GIS projects;
- Site inspections, surveying, testing, and field reconnaissance;
- Experience preparing documents for MDEQ and other regulatory agencies.
Minimum Physical Requirements Ability to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment, read printed materials and a computer screen, and to communicate in person or over the telephone. Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
LEI is an equal opportunity employer.
2018 LEI INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
LEI is accepting resumes for our internship program for the 2018 season. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2018 Internship” in the subject line and your email will be directed to the intern coordinator.
Thank you for your interest in being a part of the LEI team!